Stories of Hope


"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words and never stops at all."
-Emily Dickinson

This blog is dedicated to recounting Stories of Hope in the contexts that I find them. The human spirit is so resilient in times of crisis, it should never cease to amaze us.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Only a few hours left

I woke up early this morning. 6:00. Up with the sun, which is something that almost never happens spontaneously in my life. I'm amazed that I actually got any sleep last night. I was busy packing and trying to fit stuff in...
Challenge #1 in Flexibility was just what to do with the GIGANTIC 42" high cot that was sent to me with instruction to bring it to Haiti. I didn't have a bag big enough to put that in it, so I was reduced to leaving that as an entire checked item and then shoving everything else into the duffle bag and backpacking backpack that will serve as my carry-on. But I think I made it work.
Any effort at cuteness has definitely gone by the wayside as I have packed my bag to the top with crayons, markers, glue, paper, yarn, and fabric. I think I only packed 3 shirts and one pair of shorts, and a couple pair of pants... but that is all just fine.
This morning as I sit here and savor the last few hours of "certainty" before I leave I am taking refuge in the fact that I am not going alone, and that I have a big heart with a lot of love to share, and God is with me.
For now I will enjoy my last normal shower for a few weeks and my last cup of Stumptown coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment